‘Coronavirus’, the term that has dreaded the entire world over the year and is still playing a havoc with people’s lives. Being an airborne, respiratory disease, it is highly contagious spreading from person to person at a rapid pace. This microbe not only stays alive in a human body but also on clothes, things and surfaces. It is capable of staying alive on vessels, cash, groceries, vegetables, furniture and almost on any surface, thus spreading the contamination. Now, to stay away from being infected by COVID-19, it is essential to sanitize and disinfect everything that we come in contact with. Here we share a few tips to disinfect your house and surfaces during this COVID-19 outbreak.
What is the difference between cleaning and disinfecting?
It is necessary to keep the house clean but is cleaning sufficient to stay protected from infections? No! Only a bright shining house doesn’t guarantee that it is free from germs. Cleaning a surface means to clean the dirt and stains on the surface, enhancing the look of the surface. Whereas disinfecting a surface means to kill and clear away the germs from that surface with the application of heat, light or chemicals. Hence cleaning a surface does not remove the infection-causing germs but disinfecting it helps you stay safe.
TIPS TO DISINFECT YOUR HOUSE & SURFACES
Disinfect the surfaces and things that are most likely to carry the germs. There are certain things at house which are mostly touched by everyone and these surfaces ought to be disinfected in priority.
- Kitchen counters
- Bathroom counters
- Sinks and faucets
- Toilet seats
- Refrigerator handles
- TV Remote & switches
- Staircase railings
- Computer and tablet
These are a few surfaces that must be disinfected at first because almost everyone at house come in contact with them.
The disinfecting procedure must be preceded by good cleaning of the surfaces. When you clean the surfaces, the dirt is removed and the application of disinfectants bring better results.
Clean the surface with soap, water and a towel. Remove the dirt, stain and debris on the surfaces.
Now apply the disinfectant on the cleaned surface. Opt for disinfectant wipes or disinfectant sprays owing to the ease of their application.
Disinfectant wipes like GClean Wipes are readily available on https://www.ppezones.com
How to use GClean Disinfectant Wipes?
- Sanitize the hard, nonporous, non-food contact surfaces using GClean Sanitizer Wipes.
- Let the surface be wet for 15 seconds and then use the surface only after it becomes dry.
- These wipes remove the dirt as well as the microbes keeping the surroundings clean.
- Wear hand gloves while using these wipes for better safety.
What if you do not have a disinfectant?
Sometimes due to the heavy demand of such disinfectants in these pandemic times, enough stock of these disinfectants might not be available. At such times you can make your own disinfectant at home.
- Buy a hand sanitizer containing 70% alcohol in a spray bottle. This kills the germs but if the alcohol concentration increases, it become ineffective.
- You can also make a disinfectant at home by mixing 4 teaspoons household bleach with 1 quart water. Pour it into a spray bottle and shake the mixture vigorously. Now you can use this to spray on surfaces and leave for 10 minutes. Wipe it later with a clean wet cloth.
- To disinfect your fruits and vegetables, wash them with hot water and then consume them. Germs die due to the extreme heat.
Disinfecting surfaces is ensuring maximum safety of yourself against the infection-causing germs. Wash your clothes well so that there is no germs left on it and also take the necessary precautions to stay germ-free. You can also visit https://www.ppezones.com to learn more about hygiene.