Face masks have become a necessity in the current times owing to the pandemic. These masks do not only protect you from coronavirus but the other microbes as well. Facemasks reduce the risk of being infected by airborne diseases and pollution. In the wake of the recent pandemic, you would have seen various kinds of face mask available in the market. It would have made you wonder which one to buy and what are the differentiating features of every face mask. Let’s dig around more on the types of face masks to give you a better idea of which one to choose.
What Is A Ppe Kit?
PPE kit provides head to toe protection to the person wearing it thus safeguarding from several hazards and infections. A PPE kit constitutes eye protection, face protection, hand protection, body protection, respiratory protection, hearing protection and foot protection.
Hazards That Ppe Kit Protects From
For different types of hazard, different types of protective equipment are made use of. Let’s find out the type of protective equipment and which protects from specific hazards.
1. Head Protection
Electrical & Construction Site Hazards:
- Wear hard hats that offer protection against low-voltage and high-voltage electrical conductors depending on the Class of the hat.
- Type I hard hats protect by reducing the impact of a blow to the top of head when a hammer or nail falls from above.
- Type II hard hats offer protection to the head when the head hits the sharp corner of a side-beam at the construction sites.
- Wear a bouffant cap while working in hospitals and medical areas as it minimizes the exposure of hair to hazardous substances and infections.
- The bouffant cap is also worn in salons and kitchens to protect the hair.
2. Eyes And Face Protection
- To protect the eyes from hazardous dry chemicals, wear safety glasses.
- While working with liquid chemicals that can splash, wear chemical splash goggles.
- Working with cryogenic liquids and highly reactive or explosive materials, require chemical splash goggles and a face shield.
Biological Hazards:To stay protected from infectious materials and microorganisms, safety glasses and a face mask along with face shield are necessary. Face mask and face shield are both required and cannot be compromised for each other.
- While working with radioactive materials, wear safety glasses.
- Lasers require you to wear eyewear depending on the wavelength and energy of the laser.
- To protect from the UV radiations, wear face shield with UV protection.
- Infrared light sources require shaded goggles for protection.
Machinery & Physical Hazards:
- During soldering, wear safety glasses or chemical splash goggles.
- When working with furnaces, molten metal, glass or sparks, wear dust goggles and the reflective face shield for maximum protection.
- For all the other physical hazards, wear safety glasses.
3. Hand And Arm Protection
Hands are prone to injury while handling harmful chemicals, thermal burns, electrical dangers, abrasions, fractures, etc.
Wear chemical and liquid-resistant gloves of appropriate material while working with corrosive materials and handling chemicals.
Wear insulating rubber gloves to protect from electrical hazards.
Germs stick on hands and spread the infection. Wear fabric gloves to stay away from contamination.
4. Body Protection
- Wear lab coats, aprons, isolation gowns, vests, jackets and full body suits to protect the body and the clothes from potential hazards.
- Isolation gowns are necessary to protect from COVID-19 as coronavirus can stay alive on clothes for days and spread the infection.
5. Respiratory Protection
Wear face masks like N95 masks, 3-ply masks, cloth masks that filter out harmful substances and germs from the air that reaches your nose. It also blocks the respiratory droplets from affecting others.
6. Hearing Protection
- Exposure to loud noises can affect a person’s hearing ability, and hence hearing protection is quite necessary.
- Earplugs, ear muffs and hearing bands protect ears and internal parts of the hearing system from damage.
7. Foot Protection
- Wearing thick boots protect the foot from injuries when objects fall on it or when it comes in contact with hot, corrosive substances.
- Shoes protect from electrical hazards and slippery surfaces.
PPE kit, therefore, protects an individual from head-to-toe against various hazards in distinct environments and work fields. Coronavirus may leave, but you must not leave your practice of personal hygiene. Wear personal protective equipment to stay safe from infections and injuries. Visit https://www.ppezones.com to buy good-quality PPE kits at the best rates with convenient doorstep delivery. Your safety must always be your priority.